The Beatles filmed more scenes in the Bahamas on this day.
The action took place on Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island, and Victoria Beach on Rose Island, on this and the following two days, for their second feature film Help!.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney announces UK and Ireland summer tour
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono perform in Cambridge
- 1969: Paul McCartney produces Mary Hopkin’s Goodbye
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1964: US single release: Twist And Shout
- 1964: The Beatles begin filming A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Television: ABC At Large
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Sheffield
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: St John’s Hall, Bootle
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.