The Beatles filmed sequences for Help!, their second feature film, on Paradise Island’s Cabbage Beach and Rose Island’s Victoria Beach.
This was the ninth day of filming in the Bahamas. The group left for England on 10 March 1965.
On this day the final sequence for Help! was filmed, in which Ringo Starr was rescued after being staked into the beach.
Also on this day...
- 2021: Abbey Road street sign sells for £37,200
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Movistar Arena, Santiago, Chile
- 2009: John Lennon artworks to go on show in Edinburgh
- 1999: Recording: Honey Hush, Lonesome Town, Run Devil Run by Paul McCartney
- 1968: Ringo Starr arrives back in England
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1966: Brian Epstein announces The Beatles’ 1966 tours
- 1964: Mixing: I Should Have Known Better, If I Fell, Tell Me Why, And I Love Her, I’m Happy Just To Dance With You, I Call Your Name
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Bootle
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.