Studio Two, Abbey Road Studios
Producers: Paul McCartney, Chris Thomas
Each of the sessions took place at Abbey Road Studios – the first five in March 1999, and a final two in May.
McCartney was accompanied by guitarists David Gilmour and Mick Green, pianist Geraint Watkins, and drummer Dave Mattacks.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney announces UK and Ireland summer tour
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono perform in Cambridge
- 1969: Paul McCartney produces Mary Hopkin’s Goodbye
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: US single release: Twist And Shout
- 1964: The Beatles begin filming A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Television: ABC At Large
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Sheffield
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: St John’s Hall, Bootle
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.