Studio Two, Abbey Road Studios
Producers: Paul McCartney, Chris Thomas
Each of the sessions took place at Abbey Road Studios – the first five in March 1999, and a final two in May.
McCartney was accompanied by guitarists David Gilmour and Mick Green, pianist Geraint Watkins, and drummer Dave Mattacks.
Also on this day...
- 2021: John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band to get super deluxe reissue
- 2018: John Lennon’s Monkey Bike is auctioned for £56,000
- 2009: Casting begins for Backbeat: The Musical
- 2009: Liverpool Hope University launches Beatles masters degree
- 1996: UK single release: Real Love
- 1969: George Harrison is interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1966: John Lennon: “We’re more popular than Jesus”
- 1966: UK EP release: Yesterday
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Mixing: I Call Your Name
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Plaza Ballroom, St Helens
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.