Studio Two, Abbey Road Studios
Producers: Paul McCartney, Chris Thomas
Each of the sessions took place at Abbey Road Studios – the first five in March 1999, and a final two in May.
McCartney was accompanied by guitarists David Gilmour and Mick Green, pianist Geraint Watkins, and drummer Dave Mattacks.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Planetario Galileo Galilei, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1969: Paul McCartney produces Mary Hopkin’s Goodbye
- 1969: Ringo Starr begins filming The Magic Christian
- 1968: Ringo Starr leaves India
- 1967: Recording: A Day In The Life, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1966: The Beatles At Shea Stadium is premièred on BBC 1
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Recording: I’m Happy Just To Dance With You, Long Tall Sally, I Call Your Name
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1962: Live: Storyville Jazz Club, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.