Studio Two, Abbey Road Studios
Producers: Paul McCartney, Chris Thomas
The third of seven recording sessions for Paul McCartney’s Run Devil Run album took place on 3 March 1999.
Each of the sessions took place at Abbey Road Studios – the first five in March 1999, and a final two in May.
On this day three songs are known to have been recorded: ‘Honey Hush’, ‘Lonesome Town’, and ‘Run Devil Run’.
McCartney was accompanied by guitarists David Gilmour and Mick Green, pianist Geraint Watkins, and drummer Dave Mattacks.
The other Run Devil Run sessions took place on 1, 2, 4, and 5 March, and 4 and 5 May 1999.
Last updated: 8 October 2021
Also on this day...
- 2021: Abbey Road street sign sells for £37,200
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Movistar Arena, Santiago, Chile
- 2009: John Lennon artworks to go on show in Edinburgh
- 1968: Ringo Starr arrives back in England
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1966: Brian Epstein announces The Beatles’ 1966 tours
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Mixing: I Should Have Known Better, If I Fell, Tell Me Why, And I Love Her, I’m Happy Just To Dance With You, I Call Your Name
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Bootle
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.