This was The Beatles’ third appearance at St John’s Hall in Bootle, at an event promoted by local teenager Dave Forshaw.
Following The Beatles’ triumphant show at Litherland Town Hall on 27 December 1960, Forshaw booked The Beatles for three dates, each a month apart, at St John’s Hall.
The Beatles appeared on five occasions at St John’s Hall – on 6 January, 3 February and 3 March 1961, and on 2 March and 30 July 1962. The venue was situated opposite Bootle Town Hall on Oriel Road, but was later demolished.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Movistar Arena, Santiago, Chile
- 2009: John Lennon artworks to go on show in Edinburgh
- 1968: Ringo Starr arrives back in England
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1966: Brian Epstein announces The Beatles’ 1966 tours
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Mixing: I Should Have Known Better, If I Fell, Tell Me Why, And I Love Her, I’m Happy Just To Dance With You, I Call Your Name
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.