Studio Two, Abbey Road Studios
Producers: Paul McCartney, Chris Thomas
Each of the sessions took place at Abbey Road Studios – the first five in March 1999, and a final two in May. On this day a version of Elvis Presley’s ‘All Shook Up’ was recorded.
McCartney was accompanied by guitarists David Gilmour and Mick Green, pianist Geraint Watkins, and drummer Dave Mattacks.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Sir Paul McCartney is made a Companion of Honour at Buckingham Palace
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Estadio Mineirão, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- 1977: US album release: The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl
- 1973: UK album release: Red Rose Speedway by Paul McCartney and Wings
- 1969: Ringo Starr, John Lennon and Paul McCartney attend a wrap party for The Magic Christian
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono buy Tittenhurst Park
- 1967: Mixing: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: John and Cynthia Lennon, George Harrison and Pattie Boyd fly to Tahiti
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.