Studio Two, Abbey Road Studios
Producers: Paul McCartney, Chris Thomas
Each of the sessions took place at Abbey Road Studios – the first five in March 1999, and a final two in May.
On this day ‘Try Not To Cry’ was recorded. It was one of three original McCartney compositions recorded for the album; the others were ‘Run Devil Run’ and ‘What It It’.
McCartney was accompanied by guitarists David Gilmour and Mick Green, pianist Geraint Watkins, and drummer Dave Mattacks.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Omnilife, Guadalajara, Mexico
- 1997: UK album release: Flaming Pie by Paul McCartney
- 1972: UK single release: Mary Had A Little Lamb by Wings
- 1969: Recording: Something
- 1969: US single release: Get Back
- 1968: Mary Hopkin appears on Opportunity Knocks
- 1966: Recording: I’m Only Sleeping
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1958: John Lennon photographed in Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.