This was the last day of The Beatles’ three-day shoot for Help! on Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire.
The cold and windy conditions were evidently taking their toll on the group, who looked weather-beaten in many scenes and stills from the shoot.
After the day’s work The Beatles returned to the Antrobus Arms in Amesbury, from where they left for London on 6 May 1965.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Omnilife, Guadalajara, Mexico
- 1999: Recording: Try Not To Cry by Paul McCartney
- 1997: UK album release: Flaming Pie by Paul McCartney
- 1972: UK single release: Mary Had A Little Lamb by Wings
- 1969: Recording: Something
- 1969: US single release: Get Back
- 1968: Mary Hopkin appears on Opportunity Knocks
- 1966: Recording: I’m Only Sleeping
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1958: John Lennon photographed in Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.