Ringo Starr’s second non-Beatles film role was The Magic Christian, a black comedy also starring Peter Sellers.
Starr began work on the film on 1 March 1969 at Twickenham Film Studios, England.
Last updated: 9 July 2021
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Planetario Galileo Galilei, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1999: Recording: Fabulous, I Got Stung, Coquette by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Paul McCartney produces Mary Hopkin’s Goodbye
- 1968: Ringo Starr leaves India
- 1967: Recording: A Day In The Life, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1966: The Beatles At Shea Stadium is premièred on BBC 1
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Recording: I’m Happy Just To Dance With You, Long Tall Sally, I Call Your Name
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1962: Live: Storyville Jazz Club, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.