A full dress rehearsal was held on this day for the ITV television show Around The Beatles, which was filmed on the following day by the production company Rediffusion.
As with the filming, the rehearsal took place at Wembley Studios in London. It was a full dress rehearsal in front of a studio audience, and featured all the guests who took part in the recording: The Beatles, PJ Proby, the Vernons Girls, Long John Baldry, Millie, The Jets, and NEMS artists Cilla Black and Sounds Incorporated.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
- 2011: McCartney and McCartney II reissue details announced
- 1969: Recording: John And Yoko
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Taxman, And Your Bird Can Sing, Tomorrow Never Knows, I’m Only Sleeping
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: US single release: Love Me Do
- 1963: Live: Memorial Hall, Northwich
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.