Work continued on the Magical Mystery Tour song during this session, with the addition of more vocals and some initial mono mixes.
Four mono mixes were then made for demo purposes and cut onto acetates, presumably so the trumpets could be scored. This mix treated McCartney's vocals with artificial double tracking and had louder pianos during the coda.
Also on this day...
- 2018: George Harrison’s estate announces new label HariSongs
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
- 2011: McCartney and McCartney II reissue details announced
- 1969: Recording: John And Yoko
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Taxman, And Your Bird Can Sing, Tomorrow Never Knows, I’m Only Sleeping
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Rehearsal: Around The Beatles
- 1964: US single release: Love Me Do
- 1963: Live: Memorial Hall, Northwich
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.