This was The Beatles’ sixth performance at Lathom Hall in Seaforth, Liverpool.
It was booked by Brian Kelly, who ran Beekay Promotions in a number of Liverpool venues including Litherland Town Hall, Alexandra Hall and the Aintree Institute. The Beatles were paid £8 10s (£8.50) for this appearance.
The Beatles performed at numerous Beekay shows in their early days. Lathom Hall was built in 1884 as a social club, and was situated in the Seaforth district of Liverpool. It later became a cinema, face cream factory, and stained glass window workshop, before becoming a dance hall in the 1950s.
Also on this day...
- 2019: The Beatles announce Let It Be film reissue and new collaboration with Peter Jackson
- 2012: Album release: Ringo 2012 by Ringo Starr
- 2009: Stella McCartney creates Beatles t-shirt for Red Nose Day 2009
- 1970: Ringo Starr meets Elvis Presley
- 1969: The Beatles’ rooftop concert (Apple building)
- 1967: Mixing: A Day In The Life
- 1967: Filming: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.