A rough mono mix of ‘A Day In The Life’ was made in the control room of Studio Three on this day. It was for demo purposes and wasn’t intended for release, as recording wasn’t yet complete on the song.
The Beatles were not present for the session, which began at 7pm and finished at 8.30pm. They were at Knole Park in Sevenoaks, Kent, to make promotional films for ‘Strawberry Fields Forever’ and ‘Penny Lane’.
Also on this day...
- 2019: The Beatles announce Let It Be film reissue and new collaboration with Peter Jackson
- 2009: Stella McCartney creates Beatles t-shirt for Red Nose Day 2009
- 1970: Ringo Starr meets Elvis Presley
- 1969: The Beatles’ rooftop concert (Apple building)
- 1967: Filming: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1964: US single release: Please Please Me
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.