This was The Beatles’ fourth performance at Lathom Hall in Seaforth, Liverpool.
It was booked by Brian Kelly, who ran Beekay Promotions in a number of Liverpool venues including Litherland Town Hall, Alexandra Hall and the Aintree Institute. The Beatles performed at numerous Beekay shows in their early days.
Lathom Hall was built in 1884 as a social club, and was situated in the Seaforth district of Liverpool. It later became a cinema, face cream factory, and stained glass window workshop, before becoming a dance hall in the 1950s.
Following this performance The Beatles drove to Aintree Institute for another Beekay Promotions night.
Also on this day...
- 2014: US release: The US Albums
- 2011: Yoko Ono grants publishing rights to Lennon letters
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 12
- 1969: Ringo Starr is interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1966: George Harrison marries Pattie Boyd
- 1963: Radio: The Friday Spectacular
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.