This was The Beatles' seventh performance at Lathom Hall in Seaforth, Liverpool.
It was booked by Brian Kelly, who ran Beekay Promotions in a number of Liverpool venues including Litherland Town Hall, Alexandra Hall and the Aintree Institute. The Beatles performed at numerous Beekay shows in their early days.
Lathom Hall was built in 1884 as a social club, and was situated in the Seaforth district of Liverpool. It later became a cinema, face cream factory, and stained glass window workshop, before becoming a dance hall in the 1950s.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Beatles silent Scottish film fails to sell
- 1970: John Lennon and Yoko Ono donate a bag of their hair to Michael X
- 1968: Recording: Across The Universe
- 1965: Paul McCartney and Jane Asher holiday in Tunisia
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.