The Beatles’ Parisian residency ended on this day, with two concerts at the city’s Olympia Theatre.
The residency had begun on 16 January 1964, and continued until this date with just two days off. The following day The Beatles flew back to London.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Beatles silent Scottish film fails to sell
- 1970: John Lennon and Yoko Ono donate a bag of their hair to Michael X
- 1968: Recording: Across The Universe
- 1965: Paul McCartney and Jane Asher holiday in Tunisia
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.