Ringo 2012, Ringo Starr’s seventeenth solo studio album, was released on 30 January 2012 (the following day in the USA), on compact disc, vinyl, and digital download.
The album was produced by Starr, and recorded at his Rocca Bella studios in the UK and US. Featuring nine songs and lasting less than 30 minutes, it was his shortest album to date.
The album charted at number 80 on the US Billboard 200, selling 6,348 copies in the first month.
It fared less well in the UK, peaking at number 181 and selling just 752 copies by the end of February 2012.
Last updated: 8 September 2021
Also on this day...
- 2019: The Beatles announce Let It Be film reissue and new collaboration with Peter Jackson
- 2009: Stella McCartney creates Beatles t-shirt for Red Nose Day 2009
- 1970: Ringo Starr meets Elvis Presley
- 1969: The Beatles’ rooftop concert (Apple building)
- 1967: Mixing: A Day In The Life
- 1967: Filming: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.