The Beatles gave their 79th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 125th known performance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including evening appearances.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2019: The Beatles announce Let It Be film reissue and new collaboration with Peter Jackson
- 2012: Album release: Ringo 2012 by Ringo Starr
- 2009: Stella McCartney creates Beatles t-shirt for Red Nose Day 2009
- 1970: Ringo Starr meets Elvis Presley
- 1969: The Beatles’ rooftop concert (Apple building)
- 1967: Mixing: A Day In The Life
- 1967: Filming: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.