The Beatles’ 274th known Cavern Club performance took place on this day.
They gave a lunchtime show at the cellar venue on Mathew Street, Liverpool. The Beatles appeared on a bill with Johnny Sandon and the Remo Four, and the Dakotas.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows. Their final performance at the underground venue took place on 3 August 1963.
This was the group’s 153rd lunchtime performance at the venue.
Last updated: 24 August 2012
Also on this day...
- 2019: The Beatles announce Let It Be film reissue and new collaboration with Peter Jackson
- 2012: Album release: Ringo 2012 by Ringo Starr
- 2009: Stella McCartney creates Beatles t-shirt for Red Nose Day 2009
- 1970: Ringo Starr meets Elvis Presley
- 1969: The Beatles’ rooftop concert (Apple building)
- 1967: Mixing: A Day In The Life
- 1967: Filming: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.