The Beatles’ 275th known Cavern Club performance took place on this day. It was the last of six shows at the venue in January 1963
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows. Their final performance at the underground venue took place on 3 August 1963.
This was the group’s 154th lunchtime performance at the venue. In the evening they played two shows at the Majestic Hall, Birkenhead.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Stella McCartney creates Beatles t-shirts for Red Nose Day 2013
- 2010: The Beatles win Grammy Award for All Together Now
- 1975: UK single release: #9 Dream by John Lennon
- 1970: Ringo and Maureen fly from Las Vegas to Los Angeles
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 20
- 1967: Filming: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.