Stella McCartney has designed Beatles-themed t-shirts for Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day 2013.
There are three Beatles t-shirts in the collection, each of which uses an image from their penultimate photo shoot on 9 April 1969. They are available in a range of unisex sizes for children and adults.
The adult sizes are only available in short-sleeve white, while the children’s versions can be bought as red or white long-sleeve, or red short sleeve.
Other designs in the range feature Tommy Cooper, Marilyn Monroe, and a children’s t-shirt of a giraffe. The t-shirts cost between £6.99 and 14.99, with at least £2.50 going to Comic Relief.
The t-shirts are only available in the UK, via the Comic Relief website and TX Maxx stores. Buy one – it’s for a good cause.
Stella McCartney previously designed t-shirts for Red Nose Day 2009, which also included a Beatles-related offering.
Also on this day...
- 2010: The Beatles win Grammy Award for All Together Now
- 1975: UK single release: #9 Dream by John Lennon
- 1970: Ringo and Maureen fly from Las Vegas to Los Angeles
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 20
- 1967: Filming: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.