This was The Beatles’ second performance at Hambleton Hall in Huyton, Liverpool.
It was booked by Wally Hill and Vic Anton, the promoters at the hall at the east of Liverpool. Hambleton Hall was a shabby municipal building which later became a probation office, situated on St David’s Road in Page Moss, Huyton.
The Beatles played at Hambleton Hall on 16 occasions. The other dates were 25 January; 8, 15 and 22 February; 8 and 20 March; 20 August; 3 and 17 September; 15 and 29 October; 12 and 26 November; 10 December 1961; and 13 January 1962.
Last updated: 15 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 1970: Ringo and Maureen fly to New York from Los Angeles
- 1969: Allen Klein discusses The Beatles’ purchase of NEMS
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1967: Recording: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1965: US EP release: 4 By The Beatles
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Assembly Rooms, Tamworth
- 1963: Live: Maney Hall, Sutton Coldfield
- 1962: Live: Thistle Cafe, West Kirby
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.