The Beatles took part in only four official autograph signing sessions. Two of them were on this day, and this was the second.
Earlier in the day The Beatles had signed copies of their first single Love Me Do at Dawson's music shop in Widnes. They then went to The Music Shop at 134 Widnes Road, Widnes, where they did the same.
Each Beatle signed their name on the single's red and silver label. Copies today are extremely valuable, due in part to the short duration of the signing.
The group's third signing occurred on 24 January 1963 at NEMS, Brian Epstein's record store in Liverpool, to coincide with the release of the Please Please Me single. A fourth session took place at the Wimbledon Palais, London on 14 December 1963, following their show for the Southern Area Fan Club members.
Also on this day...
- 2017: Eight Paul McCartney albums to be reissued on CD and vinyl
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at CenturyLink Arena, Boise, Idaho
- 1969: US single release: Something/Come Together
- 1967: Recording: Blue Jay Way
- 1964: Recording: Eight Days A Week
- 1963: Live: Carlton Theatre, Kirkcaldy
- 1962: Live: Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight
- 1962: Autograph signing: Dawson’s music shop, Widnes
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.