There had been one free track on the four-track tape at the end of the 7 September 1967 session. This was filled on this evening with a cello and tambourine overdub.
The tambourine part was likely to have been performed by a Beatle. The cellist was Peter Willison, who was paid £27 for his contribution.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at CenturyLink Arena, Boise, Idaho
- 1969: US single release: Something/Come Together
- 1964: Recording: Eight Days A Week
- 1963: Live: Carlton Theatre, Kirkcaldy
- 1962: Live: Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight
- 1962: Autograph signing: The Music Shop, Widnes
- 1962: Autograph signing: Dawson’s music shop, Widnes
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.