Once again, the subject of the 45-minute show was Transcendental Meditation. Lennon and Harrison answered questions posed by host David Frost, from viewers’ letters and by members of the studio audience. They also took part in a discussion with various pro- and anti-meditation people.
The edition of The Frost Programme was recorded from 6-7pm, and was shown on the ITV network from 10.30-11.15pm on the same evening.
— George Harrison (@GeorgeHarrison) October 4, 2017
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Starlight Theater, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2010: John Lennon’s solo remasters are released
- 1974: UK album release: Walls And Bridges by John Lennon
- 1968: Recording: Martha My Dear, Honey Pie
- 1966: Ringo Starr joins John Lennon in Spain
- 1963: Debut appearance on Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.