The Beatles played four shows at Hulme Hall on Bolton Road in Port Sunlight near Birkenhead. This was the third date, and was promoted by the local Horticultural Society.
Earlier that day the group had taken part in their first formal autograph signing session, at Dawson's Music Shop in Widnes.
The capacity for Hulme Hall was 450 but, due to the popularity of The Beatles, it was unofficially enlarged to 500 when they performed. The other dates they played at the venue were 7 July, 18 August and 27 October 1962.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at CenturyLink Arena, Boise, Idaho
- 1969: US single release: Something/Come Together
- 1967: Recording: Blue Jay Way
- 1964: Recording: Eight Days A Week
- 1963: Live: Carlton Theatre, Kirkcaldy
- 1962: Autograph signing: The Music Shop, Widnes
- 1962: Autograph signing: Dawson’s music shop, Widnes
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.