The Beatles played four shows at Hulme Hall on Bolton Road in Port Sunlight. This was the first date, and was a dance for the local golf club.
The capacity for Hulme Hall was 450 but, due to the popularity of The Beatles, it was unofficially enlarged to 500 when they performed. The other dates they played were 18 August, and 6 and 27 October 1962.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Telenor Arena, Oslo, Norway
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa, Canada
- 2010: Paul McCartney joins Ringo Starr onstage at Radio City Music Hall, New York
- 2010: Ringo Starr celebrates 70th birthday with peace and love
- 1969: Recording: Here Comes The Sun
- 1969: US single release: Give Peace A Chance by Plastic Ono Band
- 1967: UK single release: All You Need Is Love
- 1966: The Beatles go sightseeing in India
- 1964: Television: Top Of The Pops, Scene At 6.30
- 1963: Live: ABC Theatre, Blackpool
- 1960: Live: The Institute, Neston, Wirral
- 1940: Ringo Starr is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.