This was The Beatles’ 15th of 48 nights at Hamburg’s Star-Club, the city’s newest rock ‘n’ roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
This first stint at the Star-Club began on Friday 13 April, and came to a close on 31 May 1962. The Beatles left Hamburg on Saturday 2 June.
It was The Beatles’ third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2022: Paul McCartney live: Spokane Arena, Washington
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, Japan
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Estadio de Liga, Quito, Ecuador
- 2010: George Martin speaks in aid of Deafness Research UK
- 1966: Recording: Eleanor Rigby
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Television: Around The Beatles
- 1963: John Lennon and Brian Epstein holiday in Barcelona, Spain
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.