The Beatles' final two London concerts took place before hugely enthusiastic audiences.
This is one of the most incredible shows we've done. Not just because of the audience, but because they're Londoners. This is the funny thing. It's always been the other way round - fantastic in the North but just that little bit cool in London. It's incredible. It seems like the Beatlemania thing is happening all over again.
Eleven songs were played, the same as on the other dates of the concert: I Feel Fine, She's A Woman, If I Needed Someone, Act Naturally, Nowhere Man, Baby's In Black, Help!, We Can Work It Out, Yesterday, Day Tripper and I'm Down.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney appears on Saturday Night Live
- 2009: Rubber Soul to be released as Rock Band download next week
- 1970: Album release: John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band
- 1969: George Harrison live at Falkoner Theatre, Copenhagen with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: World première of The Magic Christian in London
- 1968: John Lennon appears in The Rolling Stones’ Rock And Roll Circus
- 1963: Live: Futurist Theatre, Scarborough
- 1962: Live: La Scala Ballroom, Runcorn
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.