The Silver Beetles had performed regularly on Thursday nights at the Neston Institute since 2 June 1960. This was their sixth and final show at the venue.
The nights had been arranged by the group’s manager Allan Williams, and were promoted by Les Dodd’s Paramount Enterprises. Dodd also ran the Grosvenor Ballroom in Wallasey, the other venue in which The Silver Beetles spent much of June and July 1960.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Telenor Arena, Oslo, Norway
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa, Canada
- 2010: Paul McCartney joins Ringo Starr onstage at Radio City Music Hall, New York
- 2010: Ringo Starr celebrates 70th birthday with peace and love
- 1969: Recording: Here Comes The Sun
- 1969: US single release: Give Peace A Chance by Plastic Ono Band
- 1967: UK single release: All You Need Is Love
- 1966: The Beatles go sightseeing in India
- 1964: Television: Top Of The Pops, Scene At 6.30
- 1963: Live: ABC Theatre, Blackpool
- 1962: Live: Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight
- 1940: Ringo Starr is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.