This was the third night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2017: Eight Paul McCartney albums to be reissued on CD and vinyl
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: CenturyLink Arena, Boise, Idaho
- 1969: US single release: Something/Come Together
- 1967: Recording: Blue Jay Way
- 1964: Recording: Eight Days A Week
- 1963: Live: Carlton Theatre, Kirkcaldy
- 1962: Live: Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight
- 1962: Autograph signing: The Music Shop, Widnes
- 1962: Autograph signing: Dawson’s music shop, Widnes
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.