This was the third night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2017: Eight Paul McCartney albums to be reissued on CD and vinyl
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at CenturyLink Arena, Boise, Idaho
- 1969: US single release: Something/Come Together
- 1967: Recording: Blue Jay Way
- 1964: Recording: Eight Days A Week
- 1963: Live: Carlton Theatre, Kirkcaldy
- 1962: Live: Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight
- 1962: Autograph signing: The Music Shop, Widnes
- 1962: Autograph signing: Dawson’s music shop, Widnes
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.