This was the fourth night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, San Antonio, Texas
- 1991: UK album release: Liverpool Oratorio by Paul McCartney
- 1968: Mixing, recording: While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Long, Long, Long
- 1963: Live: Caird Hall, Dundee
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.