The third and final night of The Beatles’ mini-tour of Scotland took place at Dundee’s Caird Hall. Also on the bill were Johnny Hudson and the Hi Four, Malcolm Clarke and the Crestas, the Caravelles and Tommy Dene and the Tremors.
As with their other two Scottish dates in October 1963, the concert was promoted by Albert Bonici and Andy Lothian Jr. The Beatles returned to Dundee on one other occasion, giving another performance at Caird Hall on 20 October 1964.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, San Antonio, Texas
- 1991: UK album release: Liverpool Oratorio by Paul McCartney
- 1968: Mixing, recording: While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Long, Long, Long
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.