This was the fifth night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, Victoria, BC, Canada
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Moody Theater, Austin, Texas
- 2010: Ringo Starr’s video tribute to John Lennon
- 2010: Google publishes animated tribute to John Lennon
- 2010: John Lennon fingerprint card seized by FBI
- 1971: UK album release: Imagine by John Lennon
- 1969: George Harrison is interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1968: Recording: Long Long Long, I’m So Tired, The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill
- 1964: Recording: She’s A Woman
- 1962: Radio: The Friday Spectacular
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.