This was the fifth night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, Victoria, BC, Canada
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Moody Theater, Austin, Texas
- 2010: Google publishes animated tribute to John Lennon
- 2010: John Lennon fingerprint card seized by FBI
- 1971: UK album release: Imagine by John Lennon
- 1969: George Harrison is interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1968: Recording: Long Long Long, I’m So Tired, The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill
- 1964: Recording: She’s A Woman
- 1962: Radio: The Friday Spectacular
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.