This was the second night of The Beatles' residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at CenturyLink Center, Omaha, Nebraska
- 2012: Love Me Do at 50: Beatles fans break world singing record in Liverpool
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Cold Turkey, Don’t Worry Kyoko (Mummy’s Only Looking For Her Hand In The Snow) by Plastic Ono Band
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Savoy Truffle, Martha My Dear, Honey Pie, Dear Prudence
- 1963: Live: Concert Hall, Glasgow
- 1962: Live: Co-operative Hall, Nuneaton
- 1962: UK single release: Love Me Do
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.