This was the second night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: CenturyLink Center, Omaha, Nebraska
- 2012: Love Me Do at 50: Beatles fans break world singing record in Liverpool
- 1999: US album release: Run Devil Run by Paul McCartney
- 1984: US single release: Every Man Has A Woman Who Loves Him by John Lennon
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Cold Turkey, Don’t Worry Kyoko (Mummy’s Only Looking For Her Hand In The Snow) by Plastic Ono Band
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Savoy Truffle, Martha My Dear, Honey Pie, Dear Prudence
- 1963: Live: Concert Hall, Glasgow
- 1962: Live: Co-operative Hall, Nuneaton
- 1962: UK single release: Love Me Do
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.