Trident Studios, St Anne’s Court, London
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Barry Sheffield
Three songs were then mixed in mono: Honey Pie, Martha My Dear and Dear Prudence. Each was done in a single attempt, although Dear Prudence was given another mix at Abbey Road on 13 October 1968. Honey Pie and Martha My Dear were then given their first stereo mixes.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at CenturyLink Center, Omaha, Nebraska
- 2012: Love Me Do at 50: Beatles fans break world singing record in Liverpool
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Cold Turkey, Don’t Worry Kyoko (Mummy’s Only Looking For Her Hand In The Snow) by Plastic Ono Band
- 1963: Live: Concert Hall, Glasgow
- 1962: Live: Co-operative Hall, Nuneaton
- 1962: UK single release: Love Me Do
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.