Trident Studios, St Anne’s Court, London
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Barry Sheffield
This session, which took place at London’s Trident Studios between 6pm and 1am, saw more overdubs added to ‘Savoy Truffle’ and ‘Martha My Dear’, plus the creation of a number of mono and stereo mixes.
Three songs were then mixed in mono: ‘Honey Pie’, Martha My Dear and ‘Dear Prudence’. Each was done in a single attempt, although ‘Dear Prudence’ was given another mix at Abbey Road on 13 October 1968. ‘Honey Pie’ and ‘Martha My Dear’ were then given their first stereo mixes.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: CenturyLink Center, Omaha, Nebraska
- 2012: Love Me Do at 50: Beatles fans break world singing record in Liverpool
- 1999: US album release: Run Devil Run by Paul McCartney
- 1984: US single release: Every Man Has A Woman Who Loves Him by John Lennon
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Cold Turkey, Don’t Worry Kyoko (Mummy’s Only Looking For Her Hand In The Snow) by Plastic Ono Band
- 1963: Live: Concert Hall, Glasgow
- 1962: Live: Co-operative Hall, Nuneaton
- 1962: UK single release: Love Me Do
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.