John: It’s going to be fab! I know we’re not going to have much time to do anything, but I shall still buy stacks of records. None of us is nervous about our personal appearances or anything like that. The Americans are just going to get exactly the same as the British, French and the rest of them.
June Harris: Will you have any baggage problems?
George: Not as far as our equipment it concerned. We’re not taking our amplifiers, and Ringo’s not taking his drum kit. We’ve been promised the use of everything we need over there.
Also on this day...
- 2012: UK album release: Kisses On The Bottom by Paul McCartney
- 1970: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1968: Ringo Starr appears on Cilla Black’s television show
- 1968: Recording, mixing: The Inner Light, Lady Madonna
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, Bedford
- 1961: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
- 1958: George Harrison meets the Quarrymen
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.