The Beatles gave their 75th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club on this day.
The group's lunchtime shows in the Cavern typically lasted from 12-2pm. Overall this was their 118th appearance at the soon-to-be-famous Mathew Street cellar club, including their late-night shows.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows at the Mathew Street venue between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Abbey Road to offer studio time to wealthy hotel guests
- 1994: Paul McCartney’s speech at Lennon’s Hall Of Fame induction
- 1984: US album release: Milk And Honey by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1967: Recording: A Day In The Life
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Town Hall Ballroom, Whitchurch, Shropshire
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Alexandra Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.