This was The Beatles’ only performance at Alexandra Hall on College Road, Crosby, Liverpool.
It was booked by Brian Kelly, who ran Beekay Promotions in a number of Liverpool venues including Litherland Town Hall, Alexandra Hall and the Aintree Institute. The Beatles performed at numerous Beekay shows in their early days.
Although The Beatles played there just once, Alexandra Hall hosted many bands. It has since been demolished.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Abbey Road to offer studio time to wealthy hotel guests
- 1994: Paul McCartney’s speech at Lennon’s Hall Of Fame induction
- 1984: US album release: Milk And Honey by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1967: Recording: A Day In The Life
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Town Hall Ballroom, Whitchurch, Shropshire
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.