This was The Beatles' second performance at Blair Hall in Walton, Liverpool. It was also the first of three consecutive Sunday shows played by the group for Peak Promotions.
Peak Promotions ran jive events at four northern England venues: Blair Hall, Holyoake Hall in Wavertree, the David Lewis Club in Great George Place, and the Columba Hall in Widnes. The Beatles performed at each of the venues apart from Columba Hall.
Blair Hall was situated on the second floor of the Co-operative on Walton Road. The basement housed a furniture store and pharmacy, the ground floor sold groceries and soft furnishings, and the first floor was first floor was for Co-op offices and banking services.
The entrance to Blair Hall was at the side of the building on Christopher Street. The building was later demolished and a supermarket was built on the site.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Sprint Center, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery, Woodinville, Washington
- 2014: Ron Howard to direct documentary about Beatles’ touring years
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Miller Park, Milwaukee
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Yankee Stadium, New York
- 1969: Recording: Here Comes The Sun, Something
- 1968: Recording: Cry Baby Cry
- 1963: Radio: three episodes of Pop Go The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Plaza Ballroom, St Helens
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.