This was The Silver Beetles’ eighth consecutive Saturday night show at the Grosvenor Ballroom, a venue in Liscard Wallasey run by local promoter Les Dodd under the name Paramount Enterprises.
The group’s manager Allan Williams had secured the booking. The Silver Beetles were pair £10 for each appearance, from which Williams took a fee of £1.
The Beatles performed at the Grosvenor Ballroom on 14 occasions between June 1960 and September 1961. The other dates were 4, 6, 11, 18 and 25 June; 2, 9, 23 and 30 July; 24 December 1960; 24 February; 10 March; and 15 September 1961.
Last updated: 8 September 2012
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Sprint Center, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery, Woodinville, Washington
- 2014: Ron Howard to direct documentary about Beatles’ touring years
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Miller Park, Milwaukee
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Yankee Stadium, New York
- 1969: Recording: Here Comes The Sun, Something
- 1968: Recording: Cry Baby Cry
- 1963: Radio: three episodes of Pop Go The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Plaza Ballroom, St Helens
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Blair Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.