Apple Studios, Savile Row, London
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Glyn Johns
Following The Beatles’ rooftop concert on 30 January 1969, stereo mixes of five of the songs were made on this day.
At the end of this session the mixes were assembled onto a tape compilation, although just one of them – a version of ‘One After 909′ – was selected for Johns’ unreleased Get Back album.
Also on this day...
- 1996: Press release for Real Love
- 1970: Recording: Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing by Ringo Starr
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1967: Filming: Penny Lane
- 1964: Press conference: London airport
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Doncaster
- 1962: Live: Kingsway Club, Southport
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Blair Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.