This was The Beatles’ third performance at the Kingsway Club, situated on the Promenade in Southport, Lancashire.
Built in 1931, the Kingsway was a popular venue for live acts from the 1960s through to the 1990s, but closed in 2004. It reopened briefly in 2006 but closed for good the following year. On 6 September 2010 the derelict building was destroyed by fire, and two days later the remains of the building were demolished.
Also on this day...
- 1996: Press release for Real Love
- 1970: Recording: Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Mixing: I’ve Got A Feeling, Don’t Let Me Down, Get Back, One After 909, Dig A Pony
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1967: Filming: Penny Lane
- 1964: Press conference: London airport
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Doncaster
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Blair Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.