This was The Beatles' 82nd lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club. It was also the 19th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 130th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool's city centre.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney to headline Queen’s diamond jubilee concert
- 2012: US album release: Kisses On The Bottom by Paul McCartney
- 1970: John Lennon and Yoko Ono appear on The Simon Dee Show
- 1970: George Harrison produces Govinda by Radha Krshna Temple
- 1967: Filming: Penny Lane
- 1965: John and Cynthia Lennon return to England from Switzerland
- 1964: The Beatles’ American invasion begins
- 1964: UK EP release: All My Loving
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Wakefield
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Merseyside Civil Service Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.