This was The Beatles' 49th evening show at the Cavern Club. It was also the 19th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
They topped a bill which also featured Gerry and the Pacemakers, and Dale Roberts and the Jaywalkers. Overall this was The Beatles' 131st appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney to headline Queen’s diamond jubilee concert
- 2012: US album release: Kisses On The Bottom by Paul McCartney
- 1970: John Lennon and Yoko Ono appear on The Simon Dee Show
- 1970: George Harrison produces Govinda by Radha Krshna Temple
- 1967: Filming: Penny Lane
- 1965: John and Cynthia Lennon return to England from Switzerland
- 1964: The Beatles’ American invasion begins
- 1964: UK EP release: All My Loving
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Wakefield
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Merseyside Civil Service Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.