Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Ringo Starr re-recorded his lead vocals for the Sentimental Journey song Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing during this session, which lasted from 2.30-6.30pm.
Quincy Jones, who arranged the instrumental parts, was to have overdubbed a 25-piece orchestra on the following evening, from 7-10pm on 6 February, but the session was cancelled. More overdubs followed on 17 and 19 February.
Also on this day...
- 1996: Press release for Real Love
- 1969: Mixing: I’ve Got A Feeling, Don’t Let Me Down, Get Back, One After 909, Dig A Pony
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1967: Filming: Penny Lane
- 1964: Press conference: London airport
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Doncaster
- 1962: Live: Kingsway Club, Southport
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime) – Ringo Starr’s first show with The Beatles
- 1961: Live: Blair Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.