This was The Beatles’ second performance at the Kingsway Club, situated on the Promenade in Southport, Lancashire. It was also the second of three consecutive Monday appearances at the venue.
Built in 1931, the Kingsway was a popular venue for live acts from the 1960s through to the 1990s, but closed in 2004. It reopened briefly in 2006 but closed for good the following year. On 6 September 2010 the derelict building was destroyed by fire, and two days later the remains of the building were demolished.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr album Postcards From Paradise announced
- 1970: Ringo Starr attends the US première of The Magic Christian in Los Angeles
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 18
- 1965: Ringo Starr is photographed by Richard Avedon
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1964: Recording: Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand, Sie Liebt Dich, Can’t Buy Me Love
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.