Paul McCartney played a special show at Abbey Road Studios in London.
The show took place in Studio Two, where The Beatles recorded the bulk of their work in the 1960s. It was recorded by Spotify for future broadcast.
McCartney played four songs from his forthcoming 17th solo album Egypt Station, including first live performances for the songs Confidante, Who Cares, and Fuh You.
Around 80 people attended the show, including 20 competition winners. Several of McCartney’s family members were present, including his wife Nancy, daughters Mary and Stella, and son James.
Celebrities in attendance included Nile Rodgers, Kylie Minogue, Johnny Depp, Liv Tyler, and Orlando Bloom.
- Blues jam
- ‘A Hard Day’s Night’
- ‘Junior’s Farm’
- ‘One After 909’
- ‘Drive My Car’
- ‘Come On To Me’
- I’ve Got A Feeling
- I’ve Just Seen A Face
- ‘Love Me Do’
- ‘We Can Work It Out’
- ‘My Valentine’
- ‘Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five’
- ‘Lady Madonna’
- ‘Who Cares’
- ‘Got To Get You Into My Life’
- ‘Fuh You’
- ‘Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da’
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Plains of Abraham, Quebec City, Canada
- 1969: Recording: Oh! Darling, Come Together, The End
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey, Good Night
- 1967: The Beatles go sightseeing in Greece
- 1965: UK single release: Help!
- 1964: Live: The Night Of A Hundred Stars
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Kingsway Club, Southport
- 1961: Live: Blair Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.